Steve C. Wang: Chats
2. Evaluating this selectivity of contemporary extinctions with Phanerozoic foundation and bulk extinctions, Geobiology Symposium XXVII, University of Pennsylvania, March 2020.
1. Estimating the period and speed of Cambrian blast, Geological Society of The united states gross fulfilling 2019, Phoenix, September 2019. [abstract]
4. tend to be most people getting into a modern mass termination?, Swarthmore Summer Scholars regimen, July 2019.
3. Encouraging student query (mini-talk), NSE Inclusive quality training dinner collection, Swarthmore college or university, February 2019.
2. is all of us getting into a contemporary weight termination?, staff meal collection, Swarthmore college or university, November 2018.
1. contrasting this selectivity of modern extinctions with Phanerozoic foundation and weight extinctions, Geological environment of America household fulfilling 2018, Indianapolis, December 2018. [abstract]
3. Accounting for internet dating anxiety in paleontological analyses, Geobiology Symposium XXVI, college of Pennsylvania, Feburary 2018.
2. sales for dating doubt in paleontological analyses, Geological environment of The united states gross fulfilling 2017, escort in Palmdale Dallas, April 2017. [abstract]
2. becoming Research-Active in Teaching-Focused schools (invited screen), spot Statistical Meetings, Baltimore, August 2017. [abstract]
1. Fossil-based matchmaking belonging to the divergence of Hominoidea and Cercopithecoidea, Geological culture of The country gross conference 2016, Denver.
3. exactly how we understand what we all do not understand: Using report to find the as yet not known, report Fair, Strath location senior school, May 2016.
2. Fossil-based relationships of this divergence of Hominoidea and Cercopithecoidea, Geobiology Symposium XXIV, school of Pennsylvania, Feburary 2016.
1. Adaptive reliable intervals on stratigraphic ranges any time recovery promising is definitely as yet not known, Geological country of America total fulfilling 2015, Baltimore, November 2015. [abstract]
4. All creatures close and tiny: the of animals sizing advancement, staff lunch break collection, Swarthmore college or university, April 2015
3. All pets good and lightweight: the history of creature proportions development, calculations 3 (Mathematical planning), visitor address, Swarthmore school, April 2015
2. All wildlife good and little: the history of creature size in the Phanerozoic, Geobiology Symposium XXIII, institution of Pennsylvania, Feburary 2015.
1. Estimating the entire time and pace of Cambrian surge, Geological culture of The united states total appointment 2014, Vancouver, Oct 2014. [abstract]
4. Estimating the volume of Pulses in a weight Extinction, Geobiology Symposium XXII, University of Pennsylvania, Feburary 2014.
3. how exactly we figure out what We really do not Learn: making use of studies to find out the as yet not known, electricity Insurance joint possibility executives Ideas appointment, Orlando, February 2014.
2. Visualizing extensive styles using time-varying change-vs-ancestor patch, Geological community of The usa household Meeting 2013, Denver, April 2013 [abstract].
1. how you really know what we do not see: making use of research to realize the Unknown, one time institution, New York City, Sep 2013.
2. a relationship the Demise of the Dinosaurs, other Tuesday discipline Cafe, Swarthmore institution, might 2013.
1. calculating how many Pulses in a bulk Extinction, Geological culture of The united states Annual conference 2012, Charlotte, November 2012 [abstract].
2. Within- and among-genus elements of size dynamics during size extinction and healing, Geobiology Symposium XX, University of Pennsylvania, Feburary 2012.
1. Within- and among-genus components of foraminiferan proportions aspect during weight extinction, restoration, and back ground stretches, Geological Our society of America total appointment 2011, Minneapolis, Oct 2011 [abstract].
7. Getting Your Paper revealed, Division of herbal Sciences summertime lecturing show, Swarthmore institution, July 2011.
6. Dating the Demise associated with Dinosaurs, office of math, Bucknell institution, March 2011.
4. a relationship the Demise of this Dinosaurs, visitor class, Geology 203, division of Geology, Bryn Mawr school, December 2010.
3. Good PowerPoint Delivering Presentations, Beardsley Mass Media Center/ITS, Swarthmore Institution, November 2010.
2. maxims of Statistical Inference: chance and so the Bayesian prototype, Paleontological community tract Course, Geological environment of The usa gross conference 2010, Denver, Oct 2010.
1. Paleontology, reports, Earthquakes, and Why you probably should start Smoking (?), staff lunch break collection, Swarthmore college or university, September 2010.
9. Supplying a chat Using PowerPoint, unit of organic Sciences summertime address sets, Swarthmore institution, July 2010.
8. Modeling dinners internet fall when you look at the end-Permian bulk Extinction, office of Geology, niche art gallery of holistic record, April 2010.
6. Online dating the Demise on the Dinosaurs, Hadly Lab, Department of biological science, Stanford institution, February 2010.
5. Statistical obstacles in Paleontology, division of Statistics, Stanford school, January 2010.
4. fine-tuning termination numbers for Taxonomic Susceptibility, section of Paleontology, United states Museum of healthy traditions, December 2009.
2. Confidence times through the duration of a size Extinction, Geological Our society of The united states household Meeting 2009, Portland, October 2009 [abstract].
1. sales for any Signor-Lipps influence in Estimating the period of a bulk Extinction, Payne Lab, division of Geological and ecological Sciences, Stanford University, Sep 2009.
5. the excellent, unhealthy, and also the Ugly: theory and traps of exhibiting Data, section of healthy Sciences summer time address sets, Swarthmore university, July 2009.
3. bookkeeping towards Signor-Lipps results in Estimating the lifetime of a Mass termination , Geobiology Symposium XVII, division of Paleobiology, National Museum of herbal background, Smithsonian company, Feburary 2009.
2. esteem stretches on Stratigraphic range whenever restoration Potential was not known, Geological culture of The united states total conference 2008, Houston, April 2008 [abstract].
1. commemorating the 85th birthday celebration of Herman Chernoff in addition to the 35th birthday of their “having confronts to exemplify guidelines in K-Dimensional Space Graphically”, bid address, Quintessential advantages: drinking important 1st birthdays of Statistical concepts and Their Inventors, Harvard college, Sep 2008.
10. Visualizing managing campaigns in hockey, joints Statistical conferences, Denver, May 2008. [abstract].
9. Bunts, Steals, and Pitchouts: Visualizing Managerial campaigns in football, trip the Tide to Swarthmore [prospective students’ event], April 2008.
8. Visualizing Managerial techniques in ball, customer lecture, mathematics 3: Introduction to Mathematical considering (Prof. Gene Klotz), Swarthmore School, April 2008.
7. altering Extinction prices for Taxonomic Susceptibility, asked discuss, Ecolunch, section of the field of biology, institution of Pennsylvania, March 2008.
6. self esteem stretches on Stratigraphic varies as soon as Recovery opportunities was as yet not known, Geobiology Symposium XVI, school of Pennsylvania, Feburary 2008.
5. Visualizing managing tips, called chat, AAAS total appointment, Boston, February 2008. [abstract]. (in addition witness in this article for mass media insurance coverage.)
4. What Caused the Permian Extinction? Using Markov string Monte Carlo to analyze the greatest bulk termination really, called discuss, team of Mathematical Sciences, Villanova University, February 2008.
3. Modeling foods Net breakdown during the End-Permian Extinction, visitor lecturing, Physics 120: Physics of Biological software, Swarthmore university, February 2008.
2. Modifying Extinction Costs for Taxonomic Susceptibility. Geological culture of The country gross fulfilling 2007, Denver, July 2007 [abstract].
1. Markov sequence Monte Carlo: gaining from opportunity, section of Mathematics and stats, Swarthmore college or university, September 2007.
8. finding the root templates of Statistical sizes, joints Statistical conferences, sodium water urban area, August 2007. [abstract].