After vetting her experiences with large corporations like Texas Instruments, start-ups and in-betweens, finally Ranjani Mohana ventured into starting her own business to do what she was passionate in doing during her career growth, assisting companies certified with government certifications & contract bidding for her clients.
After 13 years in Texas and moving to California, she started into certifying the companies she worked for, Karna Global and Heartwood Studios with Minority, Small Business and Local Certifications and Federal GSA Solicitations and got them bidding on government contracts. And thus her business venture started budding.
It is over four years since Ranjani Mohana started R Mo Business Solutions and have 200+ clients that she has certified in various capacity. In the past 9 months she has been involved in bidding on government contracts and have a few contracts that have been approved. Dealing with government and pushing papers may not sound interesting to some of us. Ranjani finds it an opportunity to explore various avenues, meet new folks and be creative in targeting for certifications and bidding.
- Ranjani serves on the board of NAWBO – SF Bay Area as their VP Corporate Partner Relations.
- Ranjani started NAWBO-Tri-Valley Professional Development Forum in January 2016.
- Ranjani serves with Astra Women’s Business Alliance (West Coast Affiliate of WBENC – Women Business Enterprise National Council) in their Leadership Forum as their East Bay Lieutenant.
- She is elected to serve as the Voting Member on the MBEIC (Minority Business Enterprise Input Committee) by WRMSDC (Western Regional Minority Supplier Diversity Council)
- Ranjani added on a new role of being a Business Advisor to SBDC Silicon Valley & Hispanic Satellite & SBDC San Mateo catering towards advising SBDC clients on Government Certifications and Contracts Bidding.
- In June 2014, Ranjani Mohana was one of the 11 winners of WBE Who Rocks award from MBE Magazine.
- Ranjani was nominated for East Bay Innovation Award for 2014.
- In October 2015, Ranjani Mohana was one of the 12 winners of MBE Who Rocks award from MBE Magazine.
- She was a lead on a project with SJEECD, San Jose Evergreen Community College District. Managed Business Advisors to assist the District in identifying and certifying 120 construction vendors for the projects.
She developed grant writing as a skill in her career progression and uses this talent to volunteer and writing grants for non-profits as time permits. She is also active in her church in Danville as Stephen Minister and participates in leading the Annual Job Connections Summit event.
Ranjani holds three separate master’s degrees: Marketing/Journalism (University of North Texas), Executive MBA (Southern Methodist University), and MIS (University of Texas at Dallas). Talking about being creative, Ranjani also has a passion towards painting. She participates in art shows and works with several art organizations in Northern California. She has a daughter, Roshini experienced Software Engineer, recently joined the business and leading the business operations & financials.